Welcome to 20s Plenty for Faversham
On the 19th Dec 2016, we gained the full support of Swale’s Joint Transportation Board in moving Faversham towards a 20mph limit.
To accept the following recommendations of the Working Group’s report:
1. A 20mph limit across the whole of Faversham to include required signage, social engagement and self-enforcing traffic calming.
2. Fund-raising to meet the expected cost of 60K
3. A town-wide consultation.
4. Ongoing monitoring to identify where compliance is achieved and where further work may be required.
5. The working group’s ongoing involvement in the implementation process.
6. Support of an independent consultant with experience of devising 20mph schemes that deliver.
Read a report of the meeting here